Terms & Conditions
Beckwith Mediation Limited (BM) is a company (registered in England and Wales, reg. no. 12772392). BM maintains and operates this website (www.beckwithmediation.com). Appointments are made with the respective Neutral and not with BM itself. Such arrangements will be subject to the terms and conditions, code of conduct and supervisory regulations applicable to that person.
BM provides alternative dispute resolution services (including but not limited to mediation, adjudication and arbitration services and any software applications in relation thereto) (the Services). BM personnel act only as third-party dispute resolvers and not as advocates, representatives or advisers. The provision of such third-party dispute resolution services are not legal services.
To the extent that some personnel may hold the degree of utter barrister, such personnel do not offer legal services or reserved legal services to the public. To the extent that some personnel may be qualified as Solicitors and/or hold other law related professional and/or academic qualifications, such personnel do not offer reserved legal services to the public. To the extent that some personnel may be qualified as Chartered Surveyors (or hold other professional qualifications), such personnel do not offer surveying services (or other such services) to the public. Accordingly, save to the extent that such personnel are regulated by their professional institutions as members, they and BM are not regulated by the Bar Standards Board, the Solicitors Regulation Authority or The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. All enquiries and appointments are subject to contract.
BM may develop systems, methods and processes for the delivery of Services (including software applications associated with same). BM (and the respective authors) exerts all rights in such systems, methods and processes (including software applications) as author. Use of any software is subject to any licence accompanying the software as well as any disclaimer and/or limitation contained in the Conditions. BM (and the authors) reserve the right to amend the systems, methods and processes (including software) at any time without notice.
The information on this web site (and on any accompanying facility such as a Help Desk, Members Area, virtual learning environment or other web site of any kind whatsoever) is provided in good faith and BM believes it to be accurate. However, nothing contained in this web site or in any document or publication downloaded from it, constitutes specific technical, consulting, contractual or legal advice. If you wish to obtain services from BM (including from the Neutrals retained by BM), you should not rely solely upon the information on this web site but should make specific enquiry concerning the nature of the services and their suitability for the use to which they will be put. Unless stated otherwise, all information on this web site is supplied without warranty, condition or term as to the quality of any Services or their suitability for any particular purpose. Legislation may confer rights and remedies upon you in relation by BM of the supply of any Services on the web site that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Non-Excludable Rights). BM does not exclude any Non-Excludable Rights but does exclude all other conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute. Except as provided for by the Non-Excludable Rights:
- All content and on-line services are provided “as-is” and without warranties of any kind, express or implied;
- BM and any related entities, associates and suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
- BM does not warrant that the functions contained in any content or service or that your access to the web site will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defect will be corrected or that the web site server (or servers) which store and transmit content to you are free from viruses or any harmfukl component;
- BM does not warrant nor makes any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the web site (including any related or linked web sites) or any content in terms of accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. Under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission of BM) will BM be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss or loss of profits whatsoever which results from any use or access to, or any inability to use or access, the web site or any content.
The language of this web site is English. Translation, if available, are provided for the convenience of non-English speaking/bilingual users within the United Kingdom only. All translations have been generated using “Bing” (or similar translation services). No responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, inaccuracy, use or otherwise of translated text. Some links may not operate correctly on translated pages.
Copyright, Trade and Other Marks
Copyright in the material on this web site is owned or licensed by BM. Except where necessary for viewing the material on this web site on your browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act or other applicable laws or these Conditions, no material on this web site may be reproduced, adapted, uploaded to a third party, linked to, performed in public, distributed or transmitted in form by any process without the written consent of BM. No licence, interest or right to or in any such marks is granted to or conferred upon you. Any reproduction or use of any content on this web site without the express consent of BM (or unless expressly authorised by law) is prohibited.
Links and Related Web Sites
This web site may contain links to other web sites, pages or facilities including those of sites and/or entities not owned or related to BM. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be updated. Links to those web sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by BM of the owners or operators of those web sites, or of any information, products or services as the case may be referred to on those other web sites. Any party seeking to link to this site directly or otherwise must first seek and obtain written consent from BM.
The following procedure will be applied in the event that a complaint is made:
- Complaints will only be considered of received in hard copy written form. If you have made your complaint verbally – whether face to face or over the telephone – please also make it in writing.
- The Complaints Officer will deal with your complaint at first instance. He may be contacted at the address shown below.
- Once he has received your written complaint, the Complaints Officer will contact you in writing within 7 days. At this stage we will give you our understanding of your case. We will also invite you to make any further comments you may have in relation to this.
- Within 21 days of receipt of your written summary, the Complaints Officer will write to inform you of the outcome of his internal investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions we have taken or will take.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation, feel free to contact the Complaints Manager at the address shown below who will conduct a separate review of your complaint and contact you within 14 days to inform you of the conclusion of his review.
- If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our internal handling of your complaint and/or separate review, then we can discuss whether we agree to go to mediation according to the RICS Dispute Resolution Service.
- If you are still unhappy with the result of any of the above, you can refer your complaint to Arbitration Service run by the RICS for business to business disputes. If your complaint does not fall within this scope then you may refer your complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Property, PO Box 1021, Warrington. QA4 9FE or to any professional body having competent jurisdiction over the individual(s) concerned.
Please note that BM personnel (whether Members, Principals, Consultants, staff or Associates) who hold the degree of utter Barrister but who have not concluded Pupillage and obtained a practising certificate (“unregistered barristers” (previously known as non-practising barristers)) cannot conduct immigration / litigation work or appear as barrister in court. The Bar Standards Board can consider complaints against these people for conduct only. All liability is subject to our terms of engagement for each appointment and for which appropriate Professional Liability Indemnity insurance is held. A list of unregistered barristers is available upon request.
Contacting Beckwith Mediation.
The simplest way to contact BM is to use the contact form contained on the Home page of the web site. BM will record your email address if you send a message to us by this means. It may be used for the purposes for which you have provided it and you give us permission to use it in this way.
If you prefer to contact us in writing then please forward all correspondence to our offices at: Beckwith Mediation Limited, The Lodge, Brynderi, Cwmgwili, Llanelli, Dyfed. SA14 6PP. Wales.
Last updated: October 2019 rev July 2020